Sunday 7 December 2008

ADZ Studio's. 8 Week Placement







During my time on the HND, I wanted to get an insight on what the industry was like in a design environment. I wanted to see a real life studio with live briefs and designers dealing with day-to-day problems with clients. To do this, I asked my tutor how I would go about getting the opportunity. I was advised to look up some local design agency’s in my area and contact them ether by phone or e-mail. I decided do both for ten local design studios in Manchester and I was lucky to get a positive response from ADZ Media. I decided to phone ADZ and spoke to Michael Dandy, the Creative Director. Michael was happy for me to come down and show my work and maybe agreeing some kind of one-day a week placement. The agency was based in Whitefield close to Bury, which was easy for me to get to in the morning. When I arrived, Michael introduced himself and sat me down looking through my portfolio. He was impressed with my work and offered me the opportunity for an eight-week placement every Friday. I decided to make a diary of my time at ADZ and was very pleased with the friends I met and the knowledge I was lucky to learn.

No comments: