Thursday 13 August 2009

Volkswagen Advertising



During the summer, one brief set was to produce a handbook. This was to record all idea's we had on the spot so in effect, we would not forget them when ready to note them down. I have to say, the idea for me is very useful. The things I walk past and see, the articles i read in newspapers are very inspiring. One thing that i was fond off was this plastic cellophane bag containing the Observers magazine.

It was not so much what was inside the bag that interested me, but what was on the outside. As i started to open it, i read closely the information in the bright yellow square. Before this, i generally thought it was your usual safety notice for children but as i noticed the Volkswagen logo, i decided to read on. The small piece of text refers to a segment of the film, American Beauty. I found this use of advertising was fun and witty.

No comments: