Sunday 27 September 2009

Polaroid Photo Canvas



Around twelve months ago, I had an idea in my head, which involved Polaroid frames. I wanted to create something with a decent amount of images on one big canvas. I had the idea of placing all the images in a Polaroid frame. I decided to get my design on paper so I would pursue it in the future. As Christmas was near, I was figuring what to buy my sister for a gift. I felt this was the perfect time to push this idea as if my idea worked out correctly, I could build on it by producing more.

After getting the design done, I sent the artwork to print as well as making the frame. After the attachment to the frame was finished, I had shown my friends and family. The best thing about this is every time you look at it, you see a photo, which you did not see the previous time. My sister was very happy and proudly hangs in her living room to this day. She has shown it to every guest she has had. I am proud to say that i have gone on to do three more canvas prints and more are being asked for. I learnt that pushing an idea and taking a risk can sometimes work out brilliantly.

1 comment:

Michele said...

mike i love this!