Friday 27 February 2009

Identity Logo brief



As the identity brief has now come to an end, I feel really happy with the outcome of the work. Our task was to pick a random event and location then put them together to create a logo and identity for this. My first impressions of the event and location we chose was not great but after some time, I was able to adapt to the idea strongly.

At the start of the brief I was looking forward to the challenge of working with other people and getting a good idea on what it would be like to have a level of communication within a group. As the four members were announced, I felt comfortable with who I was pared with. I was not familiar with how each of the other three members worked but was eager to correspond and help them as much as I could. As we first sat down to discuss the brief, I felt like there was a lack of control over the roles we would play within the group. Decision-making seemed to be the hardest task for us to take on and this began to show in our work a couple of days after.

Our first mock presentation was due and our preparation as a group was dismal. The work we produced and the idea’s we presented was poor and the feedback we got was very negative. In some way, I feel this was a small push towards the level we should be at and not where we were. From here we grew together as a group and began to communicate via email, text message and phone calls if we were not in college together. We also began to be honest with each idea every one of us had. If one of us didn’t agree or dislike it then this would be brought up and discussed.

I felt at the start of the brief the enjoyment was minimal but as the group grew stronger, the benefits of working with other people began to show in the work we all were producing. The most I have learnt throughout this brief is to understand each individual and try to take in there idea’s and look at all the possibilities for them to function and if not, try to come to an agreement so no one is insulted or be treated differently. Being in a group means working as a team and coming together to reach deadlines, preparing presentations and all being on the same mind frame on what needs to be done. I feel that the outcome of the work produced and the presentation we delivered was very satisfying from the level we were at as a group at the start of the project.

No comments: