Wednesday 2 December 2009

Paul Rand











During the past few months, I have been gathering research of the creative process from my inspirations and have also documented my own creative journey. The creative process will be my main theme throughout my journal (the academical, writing side of the degree) and I wanted to involve some historical content. As I was reading about Vince Frost, it was explained Paul Rand was his inspiration and I was motivated to get a better understanding of his work and the creative process Rand went through. I gathered some great information and was instantly impressed with the Westinghouse branding project. Besides the logo, Rand also designed a number of Annual Reports for over ten years and these show a different use of creativity within the design itself.

No comments: