Wednesday 6 May 2009

London Visit





This past weekend, I arranged a trip to London to see the differences on a design cultural aspect in relation to Manchester. I had never been into the London area before and I was very unaware with the tube and how to travel around the busy centre area. The first thing I noticed when I arrived was the busy, mad rush pace the train station had. It was a fast pace atmosphere which I didn’t like. As I approached the centre, the roads and crowds of people were like from the movies, driving and walking at a lightning pace.


I was lucky to capture some interesting poster designs while I was there. The regarding safety for railway employers caught my attention with the typography and thinking behind the message they were putting out. I also noticed a channel 4 program ad on the floor. It was promoting a TV series about children who are put in care homes. The idea of the children being sucked from the ground was a good way to get the message across. Overall, London was definitely an experience I will never forget. It’s a beautiful city and has a strong, if not strongest area for design in Europe.

No comments: