Friday 26 June 2009

Digital Film Archive Fund A5 Flyer





On my fourth day at Reform Creative, a brief was e mailed in asking for a double-sided A5 flyer to be designed quickly. The design had to be put together within four hours so there was enough time for slight adjustments from the clients if needed. Rich was taking on the brief but as I was eager to get an understanding on working towards tight deadlines, I decided to see what I was able to produce within the time. Rich went through the brief with me and pointed out some of the things I should think about when designing the piece.

As the flyer was for the Digital Film Archive Fund, the website pointed out this was for public access to screen heritage innovative exhibition, education and online programming. As I began to design, I was asking for pointers and opinions from both Chris and Rich. They both were happy to guide me through it. As the typography became to the tweaking stage, Paul made some useful pointers within InDesign. As me and Rich was finished, Paul sent to artwork off to the client. The next day, Paul explained the client preferd my design and will go to print within days. This is the first piece of work which has gone commercial and I am delighted.

No comments: