Tuesday 23 March 2010

Metro Moving Image



As the Metro brief has now passed, I have posted some early ideas. The brief requiring three advertising posters, it also suggested a possible moving image so I decided to once again use the software Flash, like I did for the Guggenheim end sting project, and see what I could put together. The brief states that the audience we should be focusing on is Urbanites. These are people aged between 18 and 44 who have a higher than average income, are in full-time employment and work in an urban area. I decided to look into who these people are and noticed they all travel differently. By car, train or bus, the audience are travelling in a busy environment.

I decided to use this as part of my idea for the moving image piece. My idea was to change the letters T, R and O in Metro to different ways to travel. The words would change like a train timetable in the station and the end of the sequence would be Metro. After a few goes, I was happy with the result. After uploading the QuickTime video on here, unfortunately, it does not play correctly. It’s slow and misses a few things out. I would like to work on the posters with this idea but it may not work. I plan to explore this and look forward to seeing my results.

No comments: