Sunday 31 January 2010

Ford Advert


Recently, my mother received a Ford magazine, which is sent to her once a month as she purchased a Ford car some years ago. The magazine is not very important, as she has no interests in cars and normally throws in away but as I took a close look, I had noticed an ad, which was greatly similar to my work for Contact Theatre Group celebrating their ten year anniversary. As my idea was using small illustrations of what Contact represented, Ford had done a similar approach by using subjects within the road and highlighting their main message in the shape of letterforms. This has given me an idea to go back and try to improve the Contact work. I did not expect to be inspired by my mothers Ford magazine, but I believe graphic design is all around us and we can be motivated by anything we see. I will now take a closer look before she throws them away.

No comments: