Sunday 31 January 2010

American Express Campaign






Rosie Arnold is deputy executive director of design agency BBH and was asked to produce a new campaign for American Express. Representing design agency Ogilvy and Mather, Arnold had the task of keeping the friendly, reliable use American Express possesses but adding a unique above and beyond message. As I researched the campaign more, I appreciate the warmth to the brand as the ad communicates a charm and freshness. I had read that Arnold was inspired by Paul Rand, who I had recently wrote part of my Journal on. The illustrations originally created by Ogilvy and Mather’s art director Andy Bird in the 1980’s was used for the campaign adding a charm to the message. I feel the ad's work great and it's yet another area to appreciate within the design community.

No comments: