Sunday 31 January 2010

Pablo Picasso Tear


As my research becomes a great tool for inspiration, I am beginning to notice a great deal of design in newspapers. As my Metro brief is still on going, I have had some fantastic ideas from advertisements and articles. I have also enjoyed reading the articles of things what occur within the design world. I was interested in an article regarding a piece of Pablo Picasso’s art. I had read that while some students were visiting the Metropolitan Museum in New York, Picasso’s The Actor (1905), was on display and was accidently damaged due to one student tripping over and making a 15 cm tear in the canvas. The cost of the painting is worth a staggering £80 million. When I visit galleries, like most people, I do have a small paranoia about falling over and damaging an art piece, but eventually believe that will never happen, but as I read the article, it shows things like this can happen.

No comments: