Sunday 1 November 2009

Design Symposium 2009



Last year, as a group, we made a trip to the 2008 the Design Symposium held in Liverpool. I have to admit, looking back, I felt I didn’t get as much out of the even as I could have. Throughout the past year, I have got to know the industry greatly and I was informed the 2009 symposium was due on the 4th of November but nothing was organised with my tutors for a class visit. I decided to look up the event and see what the schedule was. I was surprised to see a vast amount of lectures, talks and workshops being held this year and I instantly registered my places. Also on the card was a talk by designer Michael Wolf which cost £8. I was eager to go and made the purchase with a few classmates. Also on the schedule this year was portfolio crits with D&AD designers. Again, I was eager to get as much as I could out of the day so this was a perfect time to re-design my portfolio. I look forward to the 4th.

No comments: