Monday 23 November 2009

Mad (Museum of Art and Design)





I made a visit to the Mad (Museum of Art and Design) while in New York. One of the exhibitions on show was called Slash: Florio Design, the studio I made my portfolio visit to, ironically designed Paper under the Knife and the identity artwork for the show. The work on show was draw dropping and I was amazed at the time and craftsmanship in all the pieces. The work from Slash was use of paper designed in different art forms handcrafted to perfection.

Another exhibition at Mad was Ghost Stories: New Designs from Nendo. The work on show was fantastic and very different to what I was normally use tom seeing. After forty-five design awards, I could clearly understand the creativity and abstract thinking behind the pieces. Overall, I was hugely impressed with Mad. New York was a fantastic place to visit and when I plan my next journey. I will definitely be visiting Mad.

No comments: