Monday 23 November 2009

The Guggenheim








During my trip to New York, I was lucky to visit the Guggenheim Museum. As I previously worked on a brief for the Guggenheim last April, I new a great deal about the history of the building after my in depth research resulted in my idea of a spiral movement similar to what an overview looks like. While walking through Central Park, finding the museum was becoming a lengthy task but noticing the big white circular roof was satisfying. As I approached the entrance, I was overwhelmed with the structure and depth of the Guggenheim.

The main exhibition was the work of Vasily Kandinsky, which was fantastic to see. Also on the card was the sculpture Memory by Anish Kapoor. I would have to confess, all though Kandinsky's work was amazing, I was speechless with Kapoor's sculpture. As I walked up the spiral footpath, every step seemed to be more engaging and my trail was never lost or confused. The building has been built extraordinary well and I was overwhelmed by the Guggenheim's structure.

No comments: