Friday 6 November 2009

Stephen Woowat - Design Symposium 2009



While waiting for the rest of the portfolio surgeries to end, I was lucky to be given an extra slot with Stephen Woowat from Leeds based agencies Elmwood Design. All though the talk was for a brief fifteen minutes, Stephen managed to fit in some useful tips and advice on what to consider when presenting my work. Stephen liked my work and complemented me on the standard of my artwork. He did however encourage me to strongly think about the order in to what work should be in. He advised that the best piece of work should be presented first and the second best piece last. I always thought this was the other way round but Stephen said there is no rule is structure and order but having an organised piece of work or portfolio is key in an interview or dealing with a client. He also advised me to think about loosing a piece as he felt I had just a little bit to much work which could end up boring whoever is looking through it.

No comments: