Thursday 11 February 2010

Manchester United Museum





As I began my research for the FMP, I decided to visit Manchester United's football stadium for an understanding of how the museum interacts with the consumer and analyse how they attract their audience. As I viewed their exhibitions, I began to fully appreciate the historical content within the museum. I was greatly surprised on how far sporting memorabilia goes back to and after touring the ground and engaging the past sporting memories, I felt I had a better understanding of where I wish to take my final major project. As I walked past each section of the ground on the tour, I noticed the posters advertising the museum. I appreciated how the images shown a historical footballing moment as I was easily engaged with the advertisements as Manchester United fan myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's always been so much passion surrounding football, whether now or a century ago, it draws you in when realise that things weren't that different before you came around, fan or not I'd definitely get sucked in if I was there!