Wednesday 4 March 2009

2012 Olympics Logo



Recently, I was in discussion with a classmate regarding the 2012 Olympics logo. We talked about how it does and does not work and discussed the bad press behind it. The obvious answer on most peoples lips is to slate the logo and declare their discussed in the design. I have to disagree. I have researched into how much attention over the past year this logo has had and the results were a surprise. Everyone from a graphic designer to a shelf stacker all had an opinion on look and features of the design. More or less 80% was a negative response but the main thing that I noticed was this logo was in everyone’s mind. I feel this is a good thing as the event, all though negative, gets attention which in someway, has a promotional aspect to it. I do like the logo after looking at it more closely. During my discussion, we talked about how functional the logo actually was. The shape may not be pretty but all advertisers can just drop their identity in the logo. In someway it is like a template for each advertiser to use and this is why I like this design.

No comments: