Wednesday 4 March 2009

Fudge Design Agency



Just before the winter break, Fudge, a graphic design agency located in Manchester came along for a lecture and to discuss the process of presenting and preparing for responses to your ideas, which we may put forward in the future. During this time, I was currently starting my Ping Pong brief and to my surprise, Fudge had a similar brief regarding the sport squash. They discussed how they reinvented the identity of squash and shown us how to reinforce the sport with different approaches of sports wear and advertising idea’s. This particular lecture was very useful for me as the work on show was very much in common with what I was working on at the time.

They also displayed some of their research and sketchbook work. This was also a similar approach to my work and how the build up to a final design is documented but at a larger, more in-detail scale. Fudge also explained how your best idea might be the clients worst when presenting it to them. Their description regarding your personal feelings towards your ideas will sometimes not relate to the client the same way. They warned us that we should prepare for knock backs, which I found quite useful.

No comments: