Tuesday 10 March 2009

Glorious Design Agency Contact



Another agency I was able to contact was Glorious, which I previously had a useful lecture on not to long ago. While researching some local agency’s, I noticed Glorious had an e-mail function on there website, which I decided to use. The amount of words while sending them a message was limited so I was not able to send a similar message I sent to Mark Studio. I narrowed my words down to asking for some useful advice on the industry. Tom from Glorious sent me a reply quite quickly. He was very blunt by saying I should be more specific in what I am looking for. What do I really want to know, what is it I am after regarding information and advice. I then replied with a more in depth message regarding some questions on the way a portfolio should be structured, what order the work should be in and advice on how to start out in the business. The next day, Tom sent me some really good advice. He explained the work I should put in my portfolio should be well known by myself. I should know what the brief was in relation to the piece of work which would then make it easy for me to explain it and I then can then explain my solution and how you went about it.

Tom also described the order of my portfolio should be thought of using pace. He explained ‘’When someone is going through your book, you want them to see good stuff at intervals all the way through.’’. Tom also advised talking confidently through my work in interviews and having a spell checked CV can be a good starting point in the industry. He also advised me to be patient regarding call backs and purchasing the book, How to be a Graphic Designer without Losing Your Soul, would be practical advice on starting out. Further more, Tom sent yet another e-mail with a link on design assembly which had a more in depth information on portfolio structure and starting points for graduates. I felt greatly privileged for Tom’s time and advice which I will use fully.

No comments: