Sunday 8 March 2009

Cranbrook Art School







Around three months ago, I was browsing through the internet looking for some inspirational websites for everyday referencing and I was lucky to come across the Cranbrook Academy of Art. I myself had never heard about any of their work or history so I wanted to find out more. After looking through the website in detail, I found out the they were an art and design school located in America. I glanced at some of their work and I was intrigued to find more about them. I was lucky to find some contact details so I e-mailed them for some further information on their work and carried on my day to day routine. To be honest, I completely forgot about it. Suddenly, three months later, I received a very ripped, battered parcel. It was delivered all the way from Detroit, Michigan. I was shocked with the arrival as besides forgetting about it, it also featured the postage cost on the front. The total cost came to $13.40 (around £6.00) which I obviously didn’t contribute to. Cranbrook supplied around 15 illustrated A1 posters plus a letter (that size!!!!) thanking me personally for taking an interest in their work.

No comments: