Wednesday 4 March 2009

Truth Design Agency


In November, I was lucky to have the chance to attend a lecture held by a local graphic design agency called Truth. In relation to my previous lectures, Truth also displayed their work for us all to see and gave us an insight into how an agency works. On display was some interesting stuff. From logos to branding, all the designs were very much an inspirational experience. One subject, which Truth explained, was how the agency got started. To my surprise, the two members (Darren Scott and Jane Kaye) before hand worked together at an agency called McCann Erickson until after a couple of years they put their heads together to form Truth. The role they play contributes to what standard their work is. I noticed most of Truth’s work was creations of fonts and typography design.

Some of the fonts on show were DST Bad Angel 1999 (used in Playboy Magazine) and DST Amplifier 2006 (used on the David Potts "I'm the greatest" album sleeve). One piece of work that stood out for me was the All:Sports logo (designed while at McCann Erickson). The history and idea’s explained behind this brief was astounding. I understood that working on ideas and refreshing them, countless efforts of going back to the drawing bored, would eventually show in your work.

No comments: