Sunday 5 April 2009

My Book Collection



I was recently looking through my book collection for some inspiration and I did not realise how big it had got. Since July 08, my book collection has grown to by my own little library. When I buy a book, I want to make sure I am going to use 90% of it. I flick through all the pages asking myself, would this be a useful resource for the way I design, what I will get out of the book and what would make me pick it up more than once. I feel it is an investment buying books, as there is so many to choose from, getting to right one is vital. After going through my collection, I found Advertising is dead, long live advertising by Tom Himpe is a very good buy. The use of advertising methods is useful towards the fields of putting your work in a concept to display to a client. When I worked on the identity brief, the books Logo by Michael Evany and Logo Design 08 were used for a resource a number of times. I feel you can never have to many resources and always looking at fresh designs helps you keep up to date with where the industry is going.

No comments: