Thursday 9 April 2009

Street Art In Manchester







As I was walking through Manchester Town centre, I noticed a crowed of people surrounding a piece of walk path. As I looked closer, a man was kneeled down painting some interesting illustrations. This instantly reminded me of the work from Edgar Mueller, a world-famous pavement artist. I have seen some clever and interesting paintings similar to the images above on the internet but I have never had the pleasure to witness them being painted in front of my very own eyes. It was remarkable to witness as the fine detail and time the artist took was fantastic. I found the piece of information above the paintings clever to promote yourself as an up and coming fine artist. ''Working towards my exhibition. Your coins help me buy paints and canvas......thank you''. It was a shame as when i asked for the arists name, he quietly carried on with his work with no answer.

No comments: